Statement of Commitment
Your Personal Information
Personal information is collected by Beyond Fitt where necessary or related to one or more of its functions or activities. The types of personal information collected may depend on the type of interaction that you have with Beyond Fitt, and includes but is not limited to:
- name and contact details;
- age and date of birth;
- emergency contact details;
- debit/credit card details, bank account details and/or tax file numbers;
- health or medical information – if you intend to use Beyond Fitt’s venue or services in a manner for which your health status may be a consideration;
- where applicable, your driver’s licence, vehicle registration and insurance details;
- where applicable, your student identification details;
- whether you are a member of one of Beyond Fitt’s commercial partners with whom Beyond Fitt organises discounts or other promotional arrangements for members and customers;
- your image, if you are photographed at Beyond Fitt’s venue
- sensitive information; and
- if you apply for a job at Beyond Fitt’s, details about your education, employment history, membership of professional associations, referees and next of kin
Collecting Personal Information
Beyond Fitt will only collect your personal information (including sensitive information, where applicable) by lawful and fair means including directly from you or authorised third parties. Beyond Fitt may also use the information for a variety of reasons, such as for marketing to you, or for any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Beyond Fitt may collect your personal information in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
- when you send Beyond Fitt an e-mail, “contact us” message, or any other form of written enquiry;
- via mobile sites, applications, widgets and other mobile interactive features, for example when you provide feedback via a QR Code application;
- via Beyond Fitt’s official social media pages that it controls, such as the official pages for Beyond Fitt’s various businesses on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- when you visit or telephone Beyond Fitt to ask about Beyond Fitt’s services;
- when you sign up to use Beyond Fitt’s services, whether online or in person;
- when you make a booking at Beyond Fitt
- when you enter a promotion, competition, provide feedback or participate in a survey, market research or other promotional activities which Beyond Fitt (or one of its agents) conducts;
- when you sign up to receive Beyond Fitt’s newsletters or marketing material;
- if your photograph is taken at Beyond Fitt and
- when you submit an application for a contract or employment with Beyond Fitt.
Personal information may be requested for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to; enabling Beyond Fitt to provide a service or product requested by a member or prospective member, or to update information presently held on file. You are not obligated to provide the requested information, however failure to do so may result in Beyond Fitt being unable to provide services to you.
Beyond Fitt have surveillance cameras which may capture your image on film. This information may be used in respect of management and security at Beyond Fitt and may be provided to law enforcement and government bodies for such purposes.
Beyond Fitt may also collect information (including sensitive information, where applicable) from third parties, including but not limited to the following third parties:
- someone duly authorised to act on your behalf;
- your personal trainer;
- Beyond Fitt’s commercial partners with whom Beyond Fitt organises discounts or other promotional arrangements for members and customers;
- parents or guardians of underage members;
- a current member who undertakes to have obtained your prior consent (via refer a friend initiatives);
- debit and payment service providers who process transactions on behalf of Beyond Fitt’s businesses;
- the Australian Tax Office (ATO) and the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC);
- public sources (directories, client lists, professional and trade associations, bankruptcy or court registry searches);
- your employer with whom Beyond Fitt may have negotiated a corporate partnership;
- market researchers and direct marketing providers;
- Beyond Fitt’s official pages on social media platforms and from people with whom your are friends with or otherwise connected to on social media platforms; and
Collecting Sensitive Information
Anonymity and Pseudonyms
You don’t need to identify yourself when you deal with Beyond Fitt. However, in certain situations Beyond Fitt will only deal with individuals who have identified themselves to Beyond Fitt.
If you do not provide Beyond Fitt with certain information required, Beyond Fitt may not be able to provide you with access to its services or products, or respond to your request or communication.
Anonymity and pseudonyms
Beyond Fitt uses tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons to make use of its website and services as convenient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. A web beacon is a technical method that sends information related to the access to websites, when you browse websites, or open or preview an HTML-formatted email. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user's browser. These tracking technologies allow Beyond Fitt to monitor the Beyond Fitt website, and to record how many people are using the different parts of the site. It is possible to set the browser to refuse tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons, however, this may limit the services provided by Beyond Fitt’s website.
Using and Disclosing your Personal Information
Personal information (including sensitive information, where applicable) may be used by Beyond Fitt for any of the following primary purposes:
- to render services and provide products to a member or prospective member;
- to respond to a query or feedback;
- to provide information about products, services and/or special offers to a member or prospective member;
- to obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services from a member;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis from a member;
- to process and consider an application for employment;
- to promote and market all current and future Beyond Fitt businesses, venues, products and services and to inform members about the products and services of Beyond Fitt’s commercial partners;
- to assist with Beyond Fitt’s internal business processes;
- to conduct market research and/or to improve Beyond Fitt’s products and service offerings;
- to administer contests, promotions and surveys;
- for any other purposes that could be reasonably expected of Beyond Fitt; and
- to enable Beyond Fitt to comply with its obligations under law.
Beyond Fitt may employ or contract other companies or service providers to assist in providing Beyond Fitt’s services, including but not limited to; marketing, market research, mail-house services, hosting and product development services, analysis of client lists and/ or consulting services. These third parties may have access to personal information that is needed to perform their specific function(s) and cannot use that information for other purposes beyond those functions.
The third parties to which Beyond Fitt may disclose personal information to includes:
- related entities of Beyond Fitt;
- contractors, agents and suppliers Beyond Fitt engages to provide products and/or perform services;
- commercial partners with whom Beyond Fitt has agreed information sharing arrangements with;
- Beyond Fitt’s professional advisors such as legal professionals and accountants;
- law enforcement bodies;
- a purchaser of all or part of Beyond Fitt’s business; and
- any other person for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected (including if required by law).
Beyond Fitt does not sell your name or other personal information to third parties.
Contact by Beyond Fitt
Beyond Fitt does not send marketing or advertising information without obtaining prior consent. If an individual receives communications from Beyond Fitt which they do not wish to receive, they may request to have their details removed from the Beyond Fitt database by contacting Beyond Fitt via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual's Right of Access
Beyond Fitt endeavours to ensure that personal information collected and used is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of information is dependent to a large extent on the information provided to Beyond Fitt. Individuals have the right to review, amend or delete personal and/or sensitive Information that may be recorded on the Beyond Fitt database.
Information may be reviewed, amended or deleted by contacting Beyond Fitt via email at email@example.com
Alternatively, if you hold an online account with one of Beyond Fitt’s businesses, you may be able to access your personal information held via your online account.
A request may be made to delete personal and/or sensitive information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where the information is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Beyond Fitt being unable to sell products directly and/or provide certain services including after sales services.
If Beyond Fitt refuses your request to access personal information, within thirty (30) days of receiving your request, Beyond Fitt will provide a written notice within a reasonable period, setting out the reasons for the refusal and how you can make a complaint in relation to the refusal. Beyond Fitt may refuse such a request if granting access to information could result in any of the following:
- poses a serious threat to the life, health or safety;
- would have unreasonable impact on privacy of others;
- is frivolous or vexatious;
- relates to legal proceedings;
- reveals Beyond Fitt’s intentions or prejudice any negotiations;
- would be unlawful;
- is required or authorised by law or court/tribunal order;
- is likely to prejudice enforcement related activities; or
- relates to a commercially sensitive decision process.
Storage and Security of Personal and/or Sensitive Information
Beyond Fitt takes all reasonable steps to keep secure personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The personal information is stored on secure servers (if in digital format), or in locked areas (if in hardcopy format). These repositories are protected in controlled facilities. Beyond Fitt employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal and/or sensitive information held by Beyond Fitt. Beyond Fitt will only permit authorised personnel to access your information and information will only be disclosed to third parties where they have the appropriate authority. Beyond Fitt destroys or de-identifies personal information no longer needed by Beyond Fitt, wherever possible.
Beyond Fitt and Links to Other Website
Beyond Fitt may provide links to web sites outside of the Beyond Fitt website. These linked sites are not under the control of Beyond Fitt, and Beyond Fitt is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the Beyond Fitt website, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
Problems, Queries or Complaints
Beyond Fitt will investigate any complaints received in writing and take all reasonable steps to resolve them as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to Beyond Fitt, you can refer your complaint to:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Phone: 1300 363 992 Post: GPO Box 5218 , Sydney NSW 2001 Online Form: www.oaic.gov.au (Privacy Complaint Form).